When I tell any truth it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those who do....
-Wm. Blake








"A Bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings
Because it has a Song...." ~ Maya Angelou

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

*Passin' me by.........

You ever think about life so much, it just seems to be passin' you by? Thats what i was thinking about walking to school today to meet up with my partner for this group project. I was thinking about how broke I am, and the all the work I need to do, and what Ronnie is doing, or my mom, sister, my DAD, today's his 54th birthday, and life in general. I was looking at the sky, where I often find peace, and thinking about all the things that i get caught up in, in this world, that make me feel like these things i dont have are so bad. Then i was thinking about how i felt at that very moment, thinking that this is just college, and the story about that very day, that same path i walk every day, back and forth to school, when im sad, angry, crying, or happy, and the story ima tell my kids about it all. Then i thought about my kids, and all the stories im going to have to tell them, and how they'll be, and who theyll become, and what ive put my parents through. thought about how ima feel when i have to work so hard to help my 20 year old child out; started to feel bad, like i need to practice making it more on my own. But then i stopped and i saw these 2 rabbits running in this person's yard. they were just hoppin along, following each other, and i started thinking about them. How does it feel to be a rabbit? where are they going? how lucky they must be, not having so much to worry about. And then i thought, maybe i dont have so much to worry about either. They were just being rabbits. Doing what they were meant to do, just be. and whatever happens, wherever life takes them, they are just gonna be there. and do what they do best... be a rabbit.

I know it may sound like im crazy, and im fully aware that i am.... but it made me realize a lot about life. I am just a woman, a person, a Godly woman, first and foremost, but that's it. Life is what you make it, but if i just focus on being that, being what I am, and stop worrying about falling short of what i'm trying to be all the time, if i can just be what i AM, a Godly woman, then everything else will be ok. I realized all of this as a friend on facebook asked me how i've been. I started listing all the things i started off talking about in this blog post, being broke, school, etc., when i realized something i'd heard a long time ago.

A man was sitting in the hospital waiting room and a cleaning woman came up to him and asked "how you?" , he thought obviously if he was in a awaiting room he must not be doing great... but he, being polite, replied, "i'm ok i guess, and how are you?" ... and she said, "Well, i'm blessed!"... The man, looking at the mop in her hand, thought for a moment, and said, "well i guess i'm blessed too." The woman, replied with force.."No!, you SAID you were just ok, you guess. Now you say you blessed. But i'm here to tell you, you cant be both. So are you gonna be blessed today, or are you just ok?"......And that story is so true. no matter what's going on in my life, i always have something to be thankful for. So am i just going to be ok? or blessed? .... i choose blessed. And if i consume myself with thinking about what i need to be, that im not yet, and get all stressed out, then i'm always going to just say i'm ok, and have something to complain about... so ima just try more to remind myself of who i am, a Godly woman, and tell people, you know what, I'm blessed, how bout you?

>>~ and i was almost thinking so much, that life, (those rabbits), almost passed me by......



"Rejoice always,
Pray without Ceasing,
and Give thanks in ALL circumstances..."

Almost forgot what i was about....

Always adding the wings to my words,

~ash

No comments: