When I tell any truth it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those who do....
-Wm. Blake








"A Bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings
Because it has a Song...." ~ Maya Angelou

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Behold the God - Man crucified

The perfect sinless sacrifice

As blood ran down those nails and wood

History was split in two...



Behold the empty wooden tree

His body gone, alive and free

We sing with everlasting joy

For sin and death have been destroyed



May I never lose the wonder

The wonder of the cross

May I see it like the first time

Standing as a sinner lost

Undone my mercy and left speechless

Watching wide eyed at the cost

May I never lose the wonder

......The wonder of the cross......



Many people say we shouldn't focus on the "cross", because its a symbol of the death of Jesus, and he's not dead. He's alive. This is true, which is why ever night, I thank God for the Empty cross. However, I will never cease to be in wonder of the cross. It represents to me the ultimate sacrifice and example of love. That MY God, my almighty God in Heaven, sent his perfect, only son, to die a brutal death, to save someone like me. I vow to always see the crosss, just like the first time, never in vain, or comfortable, but as a humble, thankful, servant of God.



We should not be afraid to look at the cross, to recognize what happened on that cross, on calvary. Yes, it was horrific, painful to remember and look at times. Its not easy to look at our Lord like that, dying on a cross. But we should sometimes, especially when we forget who made all this we have in this life possible. When we treat others badly, and hurt others, and live for ourselves, we should remember what a cost is was, that is paying for our sins. We should always look at the Cross to keep us humble, and remind us why we serve, why we MUST love one another, because with his arms stretched out, like a father saying to his children......







"He loves you TTTTHHHHIIIISSSSS much......" ~think about it......











1 comment:

B Harg. said...

I remember you saying you wanted to write a poem surrounding this topic. Did that ever come through? Whatever the case, I have officially read every post. Seeing this makes clear to me that my relationship with God has gone astray. I couldnt point out where it went wrong, but I am fully aware that it has. I stood close to Him first semester. This semester is even more difficult, and I have strayed. Thank you for standing close to him. Your foundation does not falter. I see the God in you, and I appreciate it tenfold. In the same way you said "I hope you see Jesus" (which I may be writing a poem about now, thanks to you)- another statement is, if you were the only Bible a person read: what would there testimony be? Know that upon reading you, witnessing your trials, and who you are now-my testimony would be, "If the devil would have known how I would be after the storm-he wouldnt have bothered me and HALLELUJAH ANYHOW!"

You may think Im tripping, but im serious. On another note, "If I have to... Ill be your once in a lifetime"-that hits home. Thats real love, when youre willing to let go for the betterment of the other person. I just want to throw this thought out there though, remember that this could be a test of your commitment. God didnt promise easy travels, just a glorious destination. Dont be discouraged by the road to get there. If you feel its in your power, stand by that man and pray on it. Fervently. Nonetheless, as a friend of mine out here in Philly said in her poem- Its ok to quit sometimes if you cant find your heart in it. Times not always on your side so just decide and deal with it.

However, your heart is clearly in it so I wouldnt advise quitting. Granted, you could be right and the purpose you had for each other could have been momentary-dont be so quick to believe that as means to an easier end. I havent had an update on the status of you two in years but you know we are always with each other in spirit so theres only so much I can say that you dont already know or I can speak on truthfully.

All in all, keep blogging. I need it. I love you Ash. (random, I emailed you on FB saying I need ya number again.. that hasnt changed)