When I tell any truth it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those who do....
-Wm. Blake








"A Bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings
Because it has a Song...." ~ Maya Angelou

Saturday, August 15, 2009

*not perfect....

I am not perfect....
.........but I have given you the best of this imperfect person that I had.
I am not always right, but I've never told you anything that I thought would steer you wrong, and when everyone else has walked out, I was there, standing last...
I am not always a joy to be be around, and probably get on your nerves nine times out of ten...
but no matter where I go in my life, being with you good or bad will always be the sweetest place I've ever been...
I know I carry memories that you feel I put on you, and want you to make them all right somehow,
But I'm changing enough to recognize the pain, see you for you, and know my childhood no matter how dark, is over now...
I'm sorry for how I am sometimes, I'm not perfect...

I haven't quite figured out how to fall in love with someone without loosing myself,
And although you fault me for it, being in love with me is a feeling I've never felt...
I keep trying to be perfect.

I may smother you and crowd your space, and rush you to do what will free and ease me,
and we may argue more than anyone else you know, but I have never stopped trying and would never leave...
I have never deceived you, never told you a lie that would disrepect you, and never thought about being a cheat...
and although I may stress you out, a day where you dont have someone who adores you is a day you'll never have to see...
I'm just tired of you given up on me,
I never said I was perfect...

and I will never promise I will be.
I just promise to always love you, and give you the best of me.
Right now I dont have much, and I hope my simple heart is enough.
I'm just trying to start a new life for my new life, and start building it with us...
I dont know what the future holds, or what tomorrow brings,
I just know that we are supposed to cross the finish line together, because you are my dream...
I have a lot to work on within my self, and I'm not yet strong enough to do it all on my own,
And I dont always prioritize my life right, but I know God didn't put us here to experience this life alone...
and so far some of life's greatest joys have come when I was with you, a joy my heart had never before known..

I am not perfect...
And I hope you wont mind,
and because I'm not, I dont want much in return, just your love and your time.
I just want to share this time and space here on earth that God has blessed me with, with you..
And learn to "enjoy the climb, and not just always want to make the mountain move"....
I can't change who I am, I just pray I'm everything you want me to be,
If I truly thought I wasnt, that'd be the only reason I'd ever leave...
Maybe I'm stupid,.. i know i'm not perfect...

but they say a perfect person is a finished person....and we both know there's more to life than this...
and if I didnt have room to grow, who would you grow old with?
And I hope when I'm old and grey, and the Lord ask me how did I live,
I'll be able to say every day with the man you made just for me, forever grateful, and treating each moment like a gift....




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*I'm not perfect, but I'm trying....and I never gave up on you, or us... so don't let the weight of the problem ahead convince you that you/we can't find a resolution, or that we need to be better...Let the desire to re-create ourselves motivate us to find a different, not better way to live.... where then the limit is the sky and the standard is ourselves.... let us not let the size of the mountain make us feel like we need to always get stronger to deal with whats at hand, let our minds and hearts re-thinking in a Godly way remind us that we don't even need feet for we can fly if we try......... not everyone has wings, and I may only have one that works right now, and so do you, but I thank God that we still have an opportunity to embrace each other, and together, we can overcome, and fly.....*



No comments: