When I tell any truth it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those who do....
-Wm. Blake








"A Bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings
Because it has a Song...." ~ Maya Angelou

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Allow Me to Introduce Myself

Hello, my name is Ashley Alston. I'm 19 years old, and I live an average like, just like everyone else. I haven't done anything spectacular, not really my style to brag if i had, and I dont have some pitty sympathy desired story to tell.... h0wever I do have something to say. I dont know why but I was born with the urge to express myself, after I do some listening to the one above.

I used to pride myself on being different, anytime I'd meet a new group of people and they'd ask me to name something unique about myself, I'd have so many answers: I'm Mixed, the way I think about things, my mind, my heart, the way i carry myself....etc. I'd always get so mad when someone would tell me I looked like someone else, or I reminded them of someone else, because I just knew that I was different.
...............Needless to say, I dont realy feel that way anymore. After some serious consideration on my life, and its purpose, and daily practicing the art of empathy, I realized that I am just like everyone else, in more ways than I would like to admit in terms of things we all go through and emotions we all feel from time to time, and we are all basically the same biologically..... so I am nothing more than a reflection of you. I am a relection of my experiences and those I have met along this path I travel called my life. I have to give credit to everyone in my life now, and those in my past, for whether the experiences and memoires created were good or bad, they contributed and helped me become who I am. And the ultimate glory and credit goes to God, for creating me and anyone in my life and everything that has happened, for it was all for a reason...
And we all can relate to that.

1 comment:

B Harg. said...

I was going to ask you where ya blog title came from? Read the explanation.. I love it, I adore it for that matter. What Common song was it? Furthermore, I think this is the beginning of something major. History in the making Ash. As you said and we both know, greatness is the next level.